Sunday, December 4, 2011

Response to Course Materials #5

      For the past few days, our class has been focusing on creating a presentation of the different eras in literature. My group was assigned Modernism and Postmodernism, which was extremely fun to do since this era focused mostly on contemporary styles and the discovery of the objective truths of society.I also was able to learn of the many important writers of these eras which included many well known names such as Fitzgerald, Cummings, and Frost. Overall, this project tested our class' abilities to work together while also creating something informational through the unique program of Prezi (which I would like to point out was very stressful to work with, but alas, being the technically challenged person I am, it was a good experience).
      Other than that, we also finished up Death of a Salesman and the class went on to having an in depth discussion. One of the most stressed points that was argued over was surprisingly about the novel's connection to religion. Some people argued that Arthur Miller was trying to convey a message that involved his Atheist beliefs while others believed that he play did not focus as much on religion at all. One of my classmates proposed the idea that Willy had the potential of being a Jesus figure but failed and tried to pass this role onto Biff who also did not live up to his standards. This may not have been the exact case judging by the fact that I was a little lost in this point, but I stood by the idea that the play did not have the intentions of becoming religious based since I couldn't really draw the connection between the two.
      Anyway, that's enough rambling for now. Sorry that I kind of lost track of how much I was typing there but this is a response to the course materials and...I hope that was good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment